Once you’ve hired your skip filling it up can seem like a daunting task, but don’t worry! The Waste Group are here to ensure that you pack up your skip in the most efficient way possible.
There are lots of things to consider when packing up your skip especially when concerning how to maximise the space. Here are our top tips when it comes to getting the most out of your skip hire.
SKIP HIRE TIPS FROM THE WASTE GROUP
Firstly, let’s go through what you can’t put in your skip:
- WEEE items (electrical equipment)
- Hazardous Waste
- Paint Tins
- Chemical & Medical Waste
- Fridges and Freezers
These are some of the most common items that are placed in skips that can’t go in them. If you are ever unsure about putting any items in one of our skips, the best thing to do is to ask! We are experts in skip hire and can refuse to transport your skip if there are dangerous items in it so it’s always better to check.
Once you’ve got all your items ready to go, here are some top tips to maximising all the space inside:
- Make sure you know the correct size: Before you get started, knowing you have the correct size skip will help create the right amount of space. Our quote request page shows exactly how big our skips are and when they are available.
- Lightest items first: Placing lighter items at the bottom of the skip means they will be compressed by the heavier ones on top. Although this might not make sense at first, it will actually free up more space as the skips are not measured by weight. Making sure larger items are also at the bottom will help create more space too.
- Don’t fill beyond the line: Our skips have a line on the inside to show when they are full. If you place items above this line the skip is too full and we will refuse to transport it, so make sure you follow this guideline.
- If you can, break up the items: This will again create more space in the skip.
Our blog is also a great place to find more top tips on skip hire, for example how much it is to hire a skip.
We hope this blog post has given you some top tips on the best way to fill up a skip! If you’re looking for skip hire make sure you get in touch with us today.